Practice XYZ, Inc.
Last Updated: May 10, 2016
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service
When you access or use our Service, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Service, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Service.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Service and your experience, see which areas and features of our Service are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Service. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to, mailing list providers and publicly available sources. In addition, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Service, including using your User Content to facilitate the learning activities that take place as part of our Service;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Match and connect you with organizations that may provide opportunities or information that you request or that we think may interest you (“Organizational Partners”);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Service and for research and development purposes;
- Personalize and improve the Service and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- When you request information about, or to be connected with, Organizational Partners;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies;
- If we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate in order to protect the rights, property and safety of Practice or others;
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
When you post User Content, such as in connection with learning activities and exercises that take place as part of our Service, that User Content is available to and shared with the other Users in the group or community in which it is posted as well the school, company or other organization (“Organization”) in connection with which you are participating in Practice. If you post User Content to public areas of the Service, such User Content may be publicly available.
Unless your Organization has configured the Service to explicitly anonymize Users, your Profile and the information contained therein, including, but not limited to, your first and last name, profile picture and biographical information, is open to all Users within your Organization. Such information, may be associated with your User Content.
If you complete a survey about a particular Organization, we will share the survey information with the Organization associated with such survey, provided that we will not share personally identifying information in connection with such survey results without your consent.
Social Sharing Features
The Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Service with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Practice takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We use industry-standard security technologies and procedures and appropriate technical, administrative and physical security measures and safeguards in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Access to our users’ personally identifiable information is restricted only to the Practice employees who need the information for a specific purpose, and all personally identifiable information that we collect about you is stored in limited-access servers located within the United States of America. We also require you to enter a password to access your account information. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people.
Although Practice strives to provide appropriate security and privacy measures, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure or effective, and Practice does not guarantee or warrant the security and privacy of any data, information or content. Any content you post while using the Services is at your own risk.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Certain Organizations using Practice are schools that are subject to FERPA – a federal law that protects the privacy of a student’s education records. FERPA does not allow schools to disclose personally identifiable information from student education records as defined under FERPA (“Educational Records”) without a student’s (or his parent’s, if the student is under 18) written consent, unless the disclosure meets the requirements of an exception.
All use and maintenance of any Educational Records subject to FERPA (and not otherwise subject to an applicable exception) is under the direct control of the applicable Organization, and such Educational Records will only be used for authorized purposes and may not be re-disclosed to other parties unless we have specific authorization from the Organization to do so and it is otherwise permitted by FERPA.
Practice is based in the United States, and our Services are operated and managed on servers located within the United States. If you choose to use our Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that differ from U.S. law, then you acknowledge and agree that you are transferring your information outside of those regions to the United States and that, by providing your personal information to us, you consent to that transfer and agree that your only recourse regarding use or misuse of your information arises through application of U.S. laws and regulations.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to deactivate your account or delete your User Content, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this will affect the availability and functionality of our Service.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Practice by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.